CLASS ATTENDANCE POLICIES
As you all should know by now, Zen Planner–our new membership billing system, has been in effect since June 2014. ZenPlanner offers us multiple administrative tools to better analyse our business by keeping better track of memberships and class attendance. So that there are no misunderstandings, we will clearly define our membership and billing policies below.
CLASS ENROLLMENT POLICY:
- All members are required to pre-enroll in classes to secure a spot in their desired class time. This is for the safety of the Athletes and Coaches. Please respect this. Class sign up closes one hour prior to class start time.
- Please Note: If you fail to enroll in the class and show up, you run the risk of not being able to attend the class if it is already full and will be asked to wait until the next available class
- All classes are capped at 20 members, with the exception of our Saturday morning classes which are capped at 30 members.
- If you have pre-enrolled in a class and can no longer attend, you will be required to cancel your enrollment prior to the class start time to allow for another member on the waitlist to attend the class. If you are on the waitlist you will need to wait until a spot opens to attend the class.
- Please Note: Once you arrive to class you will still need to check in at the kiosk or via your phone to change your status from enrolled to checked in for that specific class. Enrolling in the class is not the same as checking in to class.
SIGN IN POLICY:
All members must sign in at the Front Desk (FD) Kiosk prior to your scheduled class to change your status from enrolled to checked in. This includes Open Gym, Specialty Classes, Personal Training, and any Specialty classes/events. If there are multiple classes going on (Ex: Group class and Heavy Lifters Club), please be sure to sign in to the correct class type and time.
If a member is late to class, they will need to check in with the coach on duty to determine if they will be able to attend class. We typically will extend a 5-10 minute grace period as long as the class is still in the middle of the group warm up, but ultimately it is at the Coaches discretion and safety assessment. If the class has commenced the skill or strength portion of the class then the member will be asked to attend the next scheduled class of the day. Members who are allowed to join the class late, will be given an alternate warm-up to be completed immediately so as not to further delay the class. The individual may also be asked to sit out of the skill or strength portion if they are late and prepare for the WOD. This policy is meant to ensure that classes run on schedule and in a safe manner. We value your safety as well as our members and coaches time, and we ask that all of our members respect this policy and make every effort to arrive on time, if not early for class.
MEMBERSHIP PLAN RENEWALS, CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS:
All Monthly Session Based Membership plans are paid by monthly automatic electronic payment (credit card, debit card). Monthly memberships will automatically renew each month at the same payment terms and billing date established at time of enrollment and will automatically renew upon expiration at the same rate and terms as the initial membership. Any changes to plan, or cancellation must be received 3 days in advance of next billing cycle or plan expiration date. It is the members responsibility to monitor membership expiration and renewal dates.
- Month-to-Month plans and memberships can be canceled at any time, however we must receive written notification three (3) days prior to your credit/debit card processing date to cancel your monthly membership.Membership cancellations must be submitted 3 days prior to the credit card processing date. We do request that you provide a reason for cancellation for our tracking purposes. Once a payment has been charged to your credit card, we will not refund it.
- We will not provide refunds retroactively for any cancellation requests.
- Cancellations for our 6 month memberships will be charged a fee equal to two-months membership at current rate stated in this agreement.
- A member may cancel his/her membership without paying the cancellation fee if they move further than 50 miles from BMCF or they suffer a physical disability, which will prevent them from using the facility for more than six months.
- Deleting your payment information from Zen Planner does not cancel your membership. Cancellation requests must be done by completing our form 3 DAYS BEFORE THE BILLING CYCLE. CANCELLATION FORM
- Membership cancellations are only processed by sending written notification via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send cancellation messages to our Facebook page or other social media sites.
- We absolutely do not give refunds if you do not use your membership. You must notify us to cancel your membership.
- Members may put their membership on freeze for up to 30 days per six month contract.
- Notice of the freeze must be given to BMCF in writing via e-mail (email@example.com) prior to the first day of the month to be frozen and will not be issued retroactively.
- FREEZE requests must be done by completing our form 5 DAYS BEFORE THE BILLING CYCLE. CLICK HERE FOR FREEZE FORM
- All payments drawn prior to the requested hold will not be refunded. Clients will not be billed for frozen months, and billing will resume automatically upon end of the freeze period.All contact memberships will be extended by the number of frozen months. Holds longer than ninety (90) days may be issued for members of the military on temporary duty assignment with advanced notification. If client chooses to cancel membership during the hold or freeze period, written notification must be issued within 30 days prior to the end of the hold period, otherwise clients will be charged a final month of membership upon hold release.
- All members are welcome to upgrade or downgrade their membership plans or packages without penalty. Memberships can be upgraded at the start of the next billing cycle. However if a member wishes to upgrade immediately their new membership plan will be prorated based on the number of days remaining in their current billing cycle at their new rate. At the start of the next monthly billing cycle they will be charged at their full membership rate.
- If a member wishes to downgrade their membership to a lower session based plan they must wait until their next monthly bill date for the new plan to be effective. Please note, changes cannot be made retroactively.
- Downgrade requests must be made at least 3 days in advance of your credit card processing date and in writing/email so that we have time to make the necessary changes before your next bill. Requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any membership changes to 6 month memberships will extend the membership at the time of the change.
DISCOUNTED MEMBERSHIP PLANS AND PACKAGES:
- Bear Mountain CrossFit provides discounted rates to public service members to include all active and retired military, law enforcement, fire and rescue personnel. In order to receive the discount a valid identification is required at the time of membership enrollment. Please inquire with our staff for more details on discounted plans and packages.
- Only one (1) discount can be applied to a person. There is no discount stacking.
MEMBERSHIP LAPSES AND MEMBERSHIP REACTIVATION:
- If you choose to cancel your membership at any time and return at a later date you will be subject to any rate increases at the time of enrollment.
- No Refunds: Once membership has been submitted and processed we do not offer any refunds.
- Any payments not successfully charged on the 1st and are given a 7 day grace period to correct billing issues. After the 7th day we will charge a $15 late fee for unresolved issues.
- Bear Mountain CrossFit does not issue refunds if you do not use your membership, nor can you carry over sessions to the next month if you missed a class. No exceptions.
Bear Mountain CrossFit prides itself on being a kid friendly gym. But in the interest of keeping everyone as safe and focused on their fitness as possible, we ask that you adhere to these policies regarding children.
- All children need to be able to sit unattended at the front of the gym. If they require supervision, please have a responsible adult in attendance to supervise them. Our coaches are not responsible for your children. If your child is screaming please attend to them. Children are not allowed on the equipment at any time (to include rings, bumper plates, and boxes), and must be off the gym floor during classes. Please ensure your children do not go behind our front desk at any time. Please clean up after your children to include any snacks they may want to enjoy during the class. We pride ourselves on keeping a clean and rodent/pest free environment for our members. It is also not our coaches responsibility to clean up smashed grapes or other food items.
Subject to Change
Bear Mountain CrossFit reserves the right to make any and all changes to the terms and conditions. Bear Mountain CrossFit are not responsible for any errors that may appear on this website. Bear Mountain CrossFit reserve the right to make any and all changes class times, schedules and locations without any notice.