May 2019: Athlete of the Month – Chloe Carano
What inspired you start CrossFit? How did your journey begin?
- My dad introduced me to CrossFit. I started doing CrossFit consistently in August 2017 after I decided to stop doing gymnastics. I actually had my first experience with CrossFit back in 2015 to help me get back in shape after an injury in gymnastics. At the time I didn’t realize I was even doing CrossFit and I really wish I had stuck with it back then.
Tell us a little bit about yourself…what’s is a typical day for you? Anything you’d like to share?
- I’m 17 years old (almost 18!) which means I start my days in school. Luckily I’m a senior so my schedule isn’t too bad. After school, I’ll go to the gym for about 2 hours depending on the day. My days usually end with me finishing my homework/studying. SO exciting haha!
What was your athletic background before CrossFit?
- I was a gymnast for 14 years.
What has been your favorite CrossFit memory?
- My favorite moment has to be when I PRed my squat clean during the age group online qualifier last year
What is your favorite exercise/movement or workout, and what is your least favorite?
- My favorite workout is Cindy. Deadlifts are my favorite movement. I don’t enjoy rowing, wall balls, or hang power cleans.
What do you feel has been the biggest fitness goal or movement/skill you have achieved so far?
- Just being fitter than when I started
What is at least one fitness goal you have for yourself in the future?
- I want to get SUPER strong while still improving my engine!
Who inspires you/who is your hero and why?
- My parents for sure. They taught me from a young age that nothing is just handed to you. You have to work hard for everything!! I definitely wouldn’t be the way I am today if I didn’t grow up learning from them.
What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit?
- To always be humble and understand that progress takes time.